Multi-award-winning country artist Travis Tritt talks to us about his debut Gospel album Country Chapel (out this Friday, Sept 15), when he wrote the original Christian tracks that appear on the project, collaborating with The Oak Ridge Boys, being outspoken on social issues, and more.
Country Chapel will take listeners on a nostalgic journey back to Travis’ childhood roots. Captivating audiences with authentic renditions and powerful testimonies of redemption, this heartfelt album pays homage to Tritt’s formative years within the comforting embrace of the Country Chapel.
Produced by Dave Cobb at Georgia May Studio in Savannah, Georgia, Country Chapel seamlessly blends traditional church harmonies with Tritt’s signature award-winning vocal style, offering a unique and inspiring listening experience. This long-awaited Gospel project promises to be a defining milestone in Tritt’s illustrious career, touching hearts and souls through the universal language of music.
Country Chapel Track Listing:
1. “When God Dips His Love In My Heart” (Cleavant Derricks)
2. “Like The Father Loves His Son” (Travis Tritt)
3. “Mama Used To Pray For Me” (Travis Tritt and Aaron Raitiere)
4. “In the Valley (He Restoreth My Soul)” (Dottie Rambo)
5. “Uncloudy Day” (J.K. Alwood)
6. “Wayfaring Stranger” (Public Domain)
7. “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” (Blind Willie Johnson)
8. “The Baptism Of Jesse Taylor” (Dallas Frazier and Sanger D. Shafer)
9. “Why Me” (Kris Kristofferson)
10. “Little Country Chapel” (Travis Tritt and Aaron Raitiere)