Atlanta, GA (October 24, 2019)
If the Gospel Music Association (GMA) were to add a “Christian Hip-hop Label of the Year” category, Reach Records, the recording home of Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Gawvi, 1K Phew, KB, Tedashii, Trip Lee, Whatuprg and Wande, would be a top contender.
Lecrae , CEO and co-founder of Reach, made history in 2015 when he became the first hip-hop artist to win the coveted Dove Award for Artist of the Year at the 46th Annual Dove Awards. Since then, Reach artists have produced music that has earned them votes and nominations every year and 2019 is no exception!
At the 50th Annual GMA Dove Awards show in Nashville, on October 15th, Reach Records won two Dove Awards: Rap/Hip-Hop Album of the Year for Lecrae’s Let The Trap Say Amen collaborative studio album with Atlanta producer, Zaytoven, and Rap/Hip-Hop Recorded Song of the Year for GAWVI’s “Fight For Me” single featuring Lecrae.
Lecrae Let The Trap Say Amen YouTube Playlist:
GAWVI “Fight For Me”:
Reach Records artists also swept through in nominations with Andy Mineo’s “ None Of My Business,” Lecrae & Zaytoven’s “Get Back Right” vying for Rap/Hip-Hop Recorded Song of the Year and Andy Mineo’s The Sword, GAWVI’s Panorama, Tedashii’s Never Fold who were also nominated in the Rap/Hip-Hop Album of the Year categories.
Lecrae performed “Get Back Right” at the GMA’s and after receiving the Album of the Year Award posted on his IG thanking all the supporters who “believed in me and @Zaytovenbeatz building bridges.”
Watch Lecrae and producer Zaytoven respond to media questions back-stage at the 50th Annual GMA Dove Awards.
Here are the topics they were asked about if you can’t here them:
• Lecrae talks about the tone of his forthcoming album.
• Lecrae and Zaytoven talked about how Let The Trap Say Amen was received and if there will be a part 2.
• Lecrae answered how he balances his life – family, music, career, business etc
• Atlanta producer, Zaytoven, shared his background in the church and reveals that he still plays keys and organ nearly every Sunday.
• Zaytoven talked about his desire to do more faith-based music.
• Both answered culture questions about the perceptions of the church and what it looks like today and who is the church?