FREE ACCESS TO OUR MAGAZINE
JUST SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
in the studio By Andrew Greer
Album Title: On the Alter of Love* working title
Label: Centricity Music
release date: August 23
recording Studio: Dark Horse Studio, Franklin, TN;
Fun Attic Studio, Brentwood, TN
Producer: Mark Heimermann
number of Songs: 11-12 (TBD)
The Legend ConTinues: This record is the epic bookend
to Wide Eyed and Mystified and Ending Is Beginning. –Jason
Radio CaLL: As mysterious and unpredictable as radio
success is, I have a feeling that our biggest “career” songs
will come from this record. If we’re faithful to our calling—
giving a voice to believers—we’ll strike a chord with our
listeners. That comforts me as a songwriter. –Marc Cartel
sTudio M.o.: Caffeine, laughter and letting things be a
little sloppy like the real thing. –J.G.
Top piCk: “Let Me Rediscover You” was the eleventh hour
song and a key track. It says exactly what I want to say in
prayer form and in a vocal range that is just right for me. I
think a lot of people will hear it and say, “Me too.” –M.C.
FRonTMan FavoRiTes: Here’s a quick rundown of Marc’s
top gear picks:
• Piece of Gear: ‘53 Gibson Advanced Jumbo Reissue
• Specs: Full scale, rosewood back and sides, spruce
top. Looks like a Gibson J-45 but brighter and louder.
Inspiring to play.
• Pros: Has that throaty, woody, Gibson mid-range.
• Cons: I wish it was thirty years older.
• Piece of Gear: Fender ‘52 Hot-Rod Deluxe Telecaster
• Specs: Butterscotch blonde. Seymour Duncan mini
humbucker in the neck position. My main guitar.
• Pros: So expressive. Thicker sounding than the classic
Tele but can do the classic Tele twang if that were ever
• Cons: Makes me never want to switch to my Les Paul.
• Piece of Gear: A 65 London amp borrowed from a very
generous friend of ours.
• Specs: 18 Watts. Dual channel. One side is a Vox AC-15
replica. The other is a Marshall Plexi replica.
• Pros: A wide spectrum of usable Class A, clean to quite
• Cons: A little pricey. Then again, most Class A’s are…
For more inFormation on Downhere, visit Downhere.com.