This macaroni and cheese dish is another family recipe and a kid pleaser, too. It brings the goodness of home back to me every time I make it. Aunt Billie Jo doesn’t have a recipe. She just “eyes it up” and our tummies enjoy it! Hope you will too.
Ingredients | 1 lb. box angel hair pasta – 1 stick butter, divided use – 16oz. package sharp cheddar cheese, divided use – 1 large egg – 5 cups milk – salt – pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Make angel hair pasta as instructed then drain
- Spray a 9×13 glass dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Begin the layering process: Layer ½ the pasta in baking dish
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Add pats of butter (4 T. per layer)
- Next add a layer of extra sharp cheddar cheese (8oz. per layer)
- Repeat same ingredients fore the next layer
- In a separate bowl whisk together one egg with approx.. 5 cups of milk
- Now it’s time to “eye it up.” Start pouring the milk/egg mix. You need this liquid to sit just under the top layer of noodles to keep it from boiling over during baking. In other words, don’t fill it all the way to the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes
For more Christmas recipes from Point Of Grace, pick up a copy of their cookbook, Cooking With Grace: A Cookbook From Point Of Grace