What's your social network worth ?
With the recent explosion of social networking, most people have set up an account with Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare. That's a wonderful first step but do you know how to use those accounts to maximize and unleash the marketing power that social networking holds? At Artist Garden Entertainment, we put every artist or client we work with through social network boot camp because we have experienced, first hand, the effectiveness and power of social network marketing.
Many people subscribe to the belief that the number of followers they have is the barometer for how successful they are at social networking. Having a large number of followers is incredible for the ego but if you can't get those followers to engage and be active for your cause then the numbers mean very little. The key is to learn how to engage your followers in a way that transforms them into activists for your cause or brand. I describe the level of followers that will act on something that you post as your Social Net Worth. Let's say you have 2,000 Facebook/Twitter followers and you post something for them to act on. If 1,500 followers act on your post then your Social Net Worth is pretty high! However, if 0 followers act on the post then your Social Networking is bankrupt. If you find yourself in danger of filing Social Network Bankruptcy, here is a stimulus plan for you!
Five Ways to Build Your Social Net Worth
1) Share some personal things so followers feel like they know you
2) Interact with followers. Thank them for re-tweets, follow fridays, mentions & re-posts
3) Show interest in others by re-tweeting, re-posting or mentioning them
4) Use a balance between posting about everyday life & posting about your brand
5) Be selective about what you ask followers to do. Ask them to act but don't wear them out!
for more marketing tips that will help grow your brand!
Follow me on Twitter: @KeithStancil